6.30.2011

Tri-Color Gnocchi Skillet with Garbanzo Beans & Spinach

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it yet, but the past month or so I went dairy-free in hopes of preventing some of Amos' ear infections. It's been way easier than I had originally thought and I've come across some great recipes.

Here's one that I absolutely loved, and was SO SIMPLE. no joke.

Tri-Color Gnocchi Skillet with Garbanzo Beans & Spinach


i apologize for the poor quality iphone photography.


Ingredients

1 package of frozen spinach
3/4 whole or chopped onion
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 minced garlic clove (i love garlic so i used like 7)
1 can garbanzo beans rinsed
1 lb pkg tri-color gnocchi
1 can diced tomatoes and chilies

I also added some parsley, crushed chili, salt and pepper, and a little thyme.




Directions
Place gnocchi in a pot of water at a rolling boil. Wait, and once 5-6 gnocchi float to the top immediately strain them. They can overcook easily. Drain, set aside. Meanwhile saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is transparent. Thaw frozen spinach in microwave while sauteing onion and garlic. Add all ingredients in a lg skillet simmer for 5-10 mins. Enjoy!

Makes about 6 cups. Each serving approx 1 cup.

Number of Servings: 6

So delicious! And the best part is, only 246 calories for a dinner dish. :) My next endeavor is zucchini pasta from Ricky's garden at work. We'll see!

1 comment:

  1. we had a zucchini pasta last night!! we are cutting wayyy back on dairy too. i feel way more healthy without it. love you little ladyyy.

    ReplyDelete

id love to hear from you!