12.01.2011

Dear Nina // v2


Dear Nina,

      I can't believe it's already been six months! Can you? It seems like yesterday I was getting scared about crawling (I thought I may land on my face...) and learning to chew solids. I still remember the day you kissed me goodbye and Mama told me where you were heading off to.

      Now it's December and Mama told me you are coming home in two weeks. I really can't wait to celebrate Jesus' Birthday with you. I saw you crying at Grandpa's party when you were talking about how much you love God. I know it didn't seem as if I was listening, but the words were flowing over me and going deep into my heart.

      I remember this clearly, Nina, you said, "Nothing else matters. Nothing at all... because He loves me. He loves me, and I don't deserve His love at all, but that doesn't change anything. He's going to love me until the end."

      I've been thinking a lot about that, especially since Mama has been telling me about baby Jesus every night before I go to bed. I think it's a great time for you to be coming home, because Christmas is all about newness, right? Because when Jesus came, nothing was ever the same. He came to make all things new. And now you are coming home, Nina, a new person. It's a season for the old to pass away and the Word of God to come and change everything.

     I love you, and I can't wait until you are here. I feel your prayers. They are helping me go to sleep peacefully at night and sometimes I dream about baby Jesus - He tells me He loves me (just like you said He did) and He's coming soon.

With love,
Amos




1 comment:

  1. I'm crying.
    This is so beautiful!
    I can usually expect for tears to stream down my face when I wander through your blog...

    ReplyDelete

id love to hear from you!