10.02.2011

psalm127 and the reason we are blessed.


Ricky and I are sitting at a coffee shop - again - while Amos hangs out with his grandma and grandpa and cousin emery. I am sipping on an [illegal] hot mocha - and Ricky looks as cute as the day I met him with his bball camp backwards and his mega headphones on tip-typing away.

These moments remind me of our dating age. Where we would sneak off to Panera or Starbucks in Kansas City or San Diego and Ricky would work on papers and I would read my books/bible. I feel silly - the same way I feel when my ring is at the jewelers. Like I'm 21 and carefree. It's a pleasant feeling, but not a place to find my home.

Because home, as they say, is whenever I'm with you. and the you is my dashing husband and babbling baby who awaits me to blow me imaginary kisses.

I just couldn't wait to share these photographs:

amosandtony

that's amos with Jen's (Ricky's sister/new mom) father-in-law Tony. they are hanging out in the hospital room the day little Emmy was born. tony kept banging on the wall, pretending he was running into it, and Amos could not stop laughing. it's just one of those moments you want to freeze in time.

bw3bw12

This is our day at Estes Park while visiting Colorado. Amos loves riding on our backs now and everytime Ricky bent over he would laughhhhh and laugh some more. I remember them telling me it gets better with every new day - as we watch our little humans grow into an independent person. Amos has personality and a sense of humor and it's incredible. absolutely incredible. 

bw

You give up a lot for kids - like sitting at coffee shops to read, traveling overseas, flat tummies, peaceful mornings, and the list could go on and on.

But what you gain - what you GAIN - is unbelievable.

Lo, children are a heritage of Jehovah; [And] the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows in the hand of a mighty man, So are the children of youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: They shall not be put to shame, When they speak with their enemies in the gate. - Psalm 127:3-5

check out the giveaways for this shop and this shop here and here!

2 comments:

  1. i can't wait for the dayyy when we can stop pretending piper is our baby and have a real one!!!! i can't wait for you guys to have more!! amos makes me think, maybe we will have a blond baby after all... love you and miss youuuu!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! Your little one is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

id love to hear from you!